BMW released after 19 years a new CSL, the M4 CSL on May 20th 2022.
It is an anniversary model to celebrate 50 years of BMW M.
The new CSL focuses on weight reduction, handling and performance on road & track.
The full BMW press release is here https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0386533EN/the-all-new-bmw-m4-csl-the-re-edition-of-a-legend
In summary, the new M4 CSL has the following differences compared to the normal M4.
Please expect a detailed parts difference quite soon in this website
- DIN kerb weight of 1625kgs
- Carbon bonnet (1.2kgs lighter)
- Carbon front spoiler
- Carbon boot lid with ducktail like the M3 CSL (6.7kgs lighter)
- Carbon bucket seats (9.6kgs lighter)
- Rear seat delete which includes helmet carriers (21kgs lighter)
- Titanium exhaust backbox (4kgs lighter)
- Carbon ceramic brakes (14kgs lighter)
- Reduced noise insulation (15kg lighter)
- Lighter floor mats
- CSL specific lighter wheels (14.3kgs lighter)
- CSL specific front and rear lights (laser lights)
- Lowered by 8mm and stiffer suspension and anti roll bars
- Different geometry
- CSL specific traction control, gearbox and differential software